A mostly photo journal of Miss Genevieve Elizabeth

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Ayyam-i-Ha!

The Baha'i gift-giving, charity, good-cheer time (Ayyam-i-Ha or Intercalary Days) has come and gone but we have a few pictures to remind us of the fun we had.

Lindsay and Quinn decided to make a pinata for our local Ayyam-i-Ha celebration. In the process, they learned several valuable lessons along the way. For example - when drying and hardening the second layer of your pinata by your woodstove, remember to pop the balloon inside, lest the warmth cause the balloon to expand and, therefore, bust your pinata.

Undaunted by the woodstove mishap, Lindsay and Quinn did a superb repair and decoration of the pinata!


Geneviève made out like a bandit. One of her favourite gifts was the shake-'em-up chicken car! Just give it a little shake and let 'er go! We think that spending several hours with the older boys at her daycare (and probably her daddy, too) has taught her to appreciate the fine art of pushing a car while making the engine sound with your mouth (see above)...complete with gear changes!



One more picture of her joy with the chicken car. And finally, a story - I accidentally stepped in some food that Genny had ejected from her highchair tray, so I took off my socks and was barefoot. Genny finished her food and was put down to play while Lindsay and I sat down to eat. A couple of minutes later, Genny comes toddling over to me with one of her socks and a serious look on her face. She promptly bent down on one knee and held it open to my foot!!! We put it onto my toes but it wouldn't go on any further. I got the one clean sock of the pair I had on before and put that over top but it wasn't good enough for her. I think she finally gave up but we praised her for her concern for her daddy's cold feet!

That's all for now, folks! Hope to have some more pictures for you soon!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home