A mostly photo journal of Miss Genevieve Elizabeth

Friday, February 23, 2007

Oh, the Joys of Being One!

Looking back, I have to admit that life has been pretty great for this first year. Like Brad Johner's song goes, "I've Got it Good"! For some of you older folks who forget these younger days, here are the benefits of being my age...

Boots that fit!

Longer hair for barrettes!

Mom's espressos! (Well, at least the frothy milk.)


Having my car seat turned around to face front! (Thanks, Daddy. I'm sure your fingers will heal soon.)


Cool clothes that fit! Thanks so much for the beautiful hat, Linda!


Friends like Quinn and Ethan to explain to me what the deal is with this tradition of setting cakes on fire...

...and help me blow out my candle.

New books with lots of colours and pictures to enjoy!

And buddies like Spencer to help me practice my toddling.

Yep, there are a lot of advantages to being one. Just wait till I start telling people about it with my own mouth (in a language they can understand)!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very happy belated birthday Genny! Congratulations on your first year. It looks like it's been so much fun. Carter can't wait until he starts crawling so he can follow you around...I think he's in love.

6:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home